Snowit is the online travel agency dedicated to the world of winter sports. It is a unique platform that aggregates all services related to the world of winter sports (ski passes, rentals, experiences, ski lessons, packages, etc.), offering the best integrated customer experience to skiers and snowboarders.
We are a dynamic teampassionate and talented team of over 35 people, and we are supported by the best investors in the world of sport, digital and integrated mobility. In 2020 we were selected as one of the 8 best Italian start-ups by the investment fund BHeroes, specialised in the world of travel and created by the founder and chairman of the Lastminute.com group. We have just closed a 2.5M€ investment round led by FNM spa, one of Europe’s largest mobility groups. We want to bring innovation to one of the biggest markets in the tourism sector and where Italy plays a market-leading role. We are developing new solutions to bring digitalisation to the sports tourism sector outside the winter sports world to become the benchmark for sports travel.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for the Accounting & Finance Internthe operational key of the administrative and accounting area. We are looking for attentive candidates with strong analytical skills and a passion for digital and innovation. Your objective will be to accurately manage the day-to-day activities of the financial and administrative area of our business within the Finance team.
What will you do
You will have the opportunity to support the Finance Team in managing the company’s accounts by actively working in administration and following up on projects aimed at company growth. You will work as a direct report to the company’s Chief Financial Officer.
Specifically, the resource will be required to:
- Supporting the performance of administrative activities towards partners selling their services on Snowit marketplaces and private label webshops (issuing active invoices, recording passive invoices, checking correct cost accounting);
- Check and digitally archive invoices and accounting documents;
- Support the management of tax obligations, deadlines and monthly closures;
- Carrying out general accounting activities, bookkeeping entries aimed at closing the monthly reporting and the statutory financial statements;
- Contribute to the annual drafting of the business plan and planning of business metrics;
- Cooperate and exchange information with other Snowit teams.
- Analysing new financing opportunities such as calls for innovative start-ups and SMEs and managing reporting.
What we offer
- Rapid growth. We are growing fast and you will be at the centre of our project, playing a key role in the company’s growth
- Big team. We are a young, fun, collaborative team without hierarchy or unnecessary bureaucracy
- Opportunity. You will have a responsible role reporting directly to senior figures such as the CFO and founders of the former BCG consultants
- Flexibilty. It is the results that count: how and where you achieve them is up to you
- Benefits. One-day and weekend events in the snow
What we are looking for
- Education: You have a Bachelor’s degree in economics or are completing a Master’s degree in Administration, Finance and Controlling,
- Experience: preferably you have already had internship work experience in an administrative and accounting function. You are a black belt in Excel;
- Accuracy. You like working with numbers and have a performance and order-oriented analytical mindset
- Passion. You have a demonstrable passion for the world of winter sports
- Commitment. You work hard, not because you have to, but because you care about your work and always strive for excellence
- Speed. You are fast and you make things happen. You know that, sometimes, the best thing is to be pragmatic and launch activities on a tight schedule
- Curiosity. You like to learn new things and inform yourself about new technologies to make sure you don’t miss any opportunities
- Intrapreneurship. A/B Testing mindset. We are looking for a self-starter who is not afraid to try and experiment independently. Ability to work independently and in a team
Full-time curricular internship contract or full-time extracurricular internship with reimbursement of expenses.
Possible permanent employment with apprenticeship at the end of the internship period.
Our offices are in the centre of Milan, in the Porta Venezia area. After an initial onboarding period in the office, you will also have the opportunity to work remotely a few days a week. We promise you trips to the snow and team building in the mountains.